Flickr and Instagram

www.flickr.com
velvettangerine's Instagram photoset velvettangerine's Instagram photoset

Friday, April 22, 2011

Finally Friday

Good morning blog-land!  I'm so excited it's


!!!


This morning I'm feeling particularly motivated after last night's super productive letterpress session.  In a mere three hours I pumped out the first color in a new edition of 16 prints.

Behold!


An antique letterpress ornament of an adorable German weather house is pressed onto a 5x7 sheet of hand torn Rives BFK cotton rag printmaking paper.


The picture above shows the image block locked up into a Vandercook proofing press.


It's alive!!!


Here's a detail of what the printed image looks like.  So excited I mixed the exact shade of green I envisioned!  Sorry for the crap photo quality... iphone, ya know...



All I need to do to finish this edition is decide what the type should say.  What would you like to see written there?  Home Sweet German Weather House?  Probably not, but I'm sure I'll come up with something soon enough because I want to get these babies in the shop ASAP!


The boyfriend is going to be with his family in Santa Cruz this weekend for Easter.   Being Jewish with nary a care for pastel colored eggs and chocolate bunnies, I personally will be locking myself in my studio for the next two days.  My decision to officially announce my shop opening as this Monday was in part done to force me to get my act together!  Luckily I already have most of my pictures edited which can truly be the most difficult part.  

I'd love to hear what your goals are for the weekend, if not stuffing yourself with Easter spoils :)

Happy Friday, all!






2 comments:

jesslope said...

oh. happy to have found your blog. i love retro everything.

Molly D said...

@jesslope

I'm happy you found it too! Retro rules ;)

Post a Comment