Flickr and Instagram

www.flickr.com
velvettangerine's Instagram photoset velvettangerine's Instagram photoset

Monday, May 16, 2011

Midcentury Monday #5

 
 





Today, a few eBay finds:



This drama queen is the Platner Arm Chair, designed by Warren Platner and manufactured by Knoll in 1962.  The steel wire spokes are a great modern look for a design that reminds me most of the woven wicker furniture my mom used to have.  This chair is destined for a swank smoking lounge!  Currently on eBay for $2499 plus s/h.




I'm a sucker for the unusual, which is why I find myself drawn toward this Gondola Sofa, possibly designed by Adrian Pearsall.  Definitely in want of a reupholster, but the seller promises there are no bed bugs so there's that, right?!  Current bid $800.




How beautiful is bent plywood?  I had already marked this Tulip Lounger Chair by Bella Mod LA down for today's MCMM entry before I even realized that this is a current take on the modern design.  Either way, doesn't that seat just beg to cradle your bottom?  I thought so.  Current bid $695.



Ye gods!  I am stunned by this Vintage Brass Starburst Convex Mirror.  This is even cooler than an atomic starburst clock!  I would die to hang this mirror over my fireplace for all my visitors to bask in its glory.  If only I had an extra $630 to fork over...



My last little nugget for this week's Midcentury Monday is this Danish Teak Shoji screen or room divider.  I love this screen's curvy bow-shaped slats.  $639.99 "sale"





2 comments:

Consider my dear said...

Very cute blog girly! I love all the retro furniture. If only my house could look like that!

Molly D said...

@Consider my dear

Thanks! I'd love for my house to be filled with this stuff too, but an even more perfect scenario would be getting sent back in time!

Post a Comment